The vision and mission of Erasmus Student Network were discussed and approved at the Annual General Meeting in Utrecht in March 2009.
The values are result of the Corporate Identity Project developed from September to December 2005 and refined throughout 2008 / 2009.
"Enrichment of society through international students"
"ESN is the key volunteer student organisation in international higher education in Europe. We provide opportunities for cultural understanding and self-development under the principle of SHS - Students Helping Students."
The values of Erasmus Student Network that all members stand and work for are:
- unity in diversity, diversity in the unity
- We all have different backgrounds, but share one common aim and goal.
- students helping students
- We passionately commit ourselves to volunteering for the benefits of others.
- fun in friendship and respect
- We enjoy relations based on respect.
- international dimension of the life
- We are open-minded, mobile, like to discover and explore, to co-operate and to interact to break borders.
- love for Europe as an area of peace and cultural exchange
- We live and benefit from the cultural richness of Europe to the utmost.
- openness with tolerance
- We understand and accept others and learn from them.
- cooperation in the integration
- We share an holistic view towards internationality.